Monday 16 April 2012

Volunteer Appreciation Week.

This week is Volunteer Appreciation Week!

In honour of the hardworking volunteers here at MAREP, we will be running 2 feature interviews this week, shining the spotlight on our amazing student volunteer team!

Today, I'd like to introduce Brianne:

Program/Year: Honours Health Studies, 4B

Favourite class: This term I really enjoyed GERON 400, a Multidisciplinary Seminar on Aging.

Hobbies/Interests: I love cooking and try to make at least one new recipe each week. I love keeping active by jogging (I aim to be able to run 10km by the end of the summer) as well as by playing sports including hockey, ringette, volleyball, beach volleyball and soccer. This summer I look forward to doing a lot of reading.

Future plans: I will be starting a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at the University of Toronto in September. My long-term goal is to become a Nurse Practitioner.

I volunteer because…I love giving back to my community. More specifically, I find the work that MAREP does as an organization is very valuable for anyone who is somehow linked to a person with dementia. The numerous courses I have taken about aging have sparked my strong interest in dementia and dementia care. And with the increasing prevalence of dementias in our population, the importance of support such as that provided my MAREP cannot be overestimated.

--

Thanks, Brianne! We so appreciate your contribution to MAREP this year. We are wishing you all the best in Nursing this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...